Gooey chocolate brownies
135 people made this
About this recipe:
Deliciously gooey chocolate brownies. The perfect treat for children and adults alike. Really simple to make.
Makes: 15 - 20
225g (8oz) butter or margarine
140g (5oz) milk chocolate
450g (1lb) caster sugar
110g (4oz) plain flour
55g (2oz) cocoa powder
1 small bar of white or dark chocolate (optional)
Extra time:15min cooling ›
- Preheat the oven to 190 C / Gas 5. Line a 20x30cm roasting tin with baking parchment.
- Gently melt the butter or margarine and milk chocolate in a bowl over a pan of boiling water.
- Take the chocolate mixture off the heat and beat in the sugar, flour, cocoa powder and eggs. Place mixture in the tin.
- Bake until the top is firm but the middle is soft, 30 to 40 minutes. Remove from the oven and allow to cool.
- Drizzle over melted white/dark chocolate. Cut into squares and enjoy.
Try adding glace cherries or chopped nuts for extra yummyness!
brilliant and gooey, very moist and great with ice cream, especially if the brownies r warm!
- 06 Aug 2015
Very easy recipe. I cut mine into 24 pieces which I think is a great size for sharing. Lovely and gooey especially when still warm.
- 20 Oct 2013
Thought I'd give these a go. So glad I did 😋 gorgeous gooey brownies. I added some Ferrero Rocher before cooking. Mmmmm absolutely yummy
- 17 Jul 2015
Write a review
Click on stars to rate