- Preheat the oven to 170 C / Gas 3. Lightly grease a baking tray with baking spray. (I used my large Pampered chef stoneware bar pan.)
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, oats, baking powder and allspice.
- In a medium sized mixing bowl, stir the oil, pumpkin and peanut butter together until smooth.
- Make a well in the flour and pour in the peanut butter mixture. Mix on low speed to combine the wet and dry ingredients.
- Slowly pour in the water and mix together on a medium speed until the ingredients are thoroughly combined.
- Turn the dough onto a floured surface and knead for approximately 1 minute until its no longer sticky.
- Roll out the dough to 5mm (1/4 in) thickness and cut into mini size shapes with your favourite cookie cutter.
- Bake for 12 minutes at full heat, then turn the oven off and leave the cookies in the oven for a further 30 minutes.
- Leave cookies in the baking tray for 10 minutes before cooling on a wire rack.
These dog biscuits require the use of wheat flour which some dogs are sensitive to, if so its so easy to modify this recipe, simply substitute 125g of the wholemeal flour for either 90g oat flour, 100g rye flour, 120g rice flour, 110g barley flour or 120g potato flour.