1 / 1 Picture by: Sara J.
Wild Rice with Hoisin Asparagus and Chicken
- 1 tablespoon dark brown soft sugar
- 3 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 350g (12 oz) wild rice, cooked
- 3 tablespoons groundnut oil, divided
- 1/2 bunch asparagus, trimmed and cut into thirds
- 1 skinless, boneless chicken breast fillet - diced
Prep:20min › Cook:10min › Ready in:30min
- In a small bowl, mix together the hoisin sauce and brown sugar and set aside. Prepare rice OR reheat cooked rice and keep warm.
- Heat wok over medium high heat. When hot, drizzle 1 tablespoon of oil around the rim. Stir-fry asparagus for approximately 2 minutes. Remove from the wok and keep warm.
- Heat wok to high heat. Add 2 tablespoons of oil and the chicken pieces and stir fry until the chicken is no longer pink. Add the reserved asparagus and hoisin/sugar sauce and stir-fry all together until pieces are coated with sauce. Serve over the hot rice.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate
What did you think? Tell us everything!