Coconut and jam muffins
- 250g plain flour
- 175g caster sugar
- 3 handfuls dessicated coconut
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 1 egg
- 90ml oil
- 200ml milk
- 1/2 jar good quality blackcurrant jam
Prep:10min › Cook:20min › Ready in:30min
- Preheat the oven to 190 C / Gas 5. Line a muffin tin with twelve paper cases.
- Put all the dry ingredients into a large bowl.
- In another bowl, lightly beat together the egg, oil and milk.
- Mix the wet and dry ingredients together, making sure the mixture is quite thick.
- Put 1 1/2 dessertspoons of mixture into each of the cases. Then put half a teaspoon of the jam onto the mixture. Add another dessertspoon of mixture to cover the jam.
- Sprinkle each with a little more coconut.
- Bake for 20 - 25 minutes or until the muffins are a lovely golden brown colour.
- Wait until they are completely cool before tasting.
They were very yummy muffins, everyone I gave some to loved them and found them a unusual mixture to go together. I added butter instead of using oil as prefer using butter. Thanks for sharing the recipe. - 24 Feb 2014
My mixture was very wet (a little too much oil) so I added some more coconut. The jam sank to the bottom because of this but it wasn't a problem Very tasty and moreish and my work colleauges scarfed them down within minutes. - 10 Mar 2012