- 1 large onion
- 1 teaspon chilli powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 5 tablespoons tomato ketchup
- 1 tablespoon mint sauce
- 2 tablespoons mango chutney
Prep:10min › Ready in:10min
- Chop the onions finely (this recipe works best with very small pieces of onion)
- Add the chilli and salt – mix well.
- Add the tomato ketchup - mix well.
- And mint sauce - mix well.
- Finally add the mango chutney and mix.
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes to let all the flavours infuse and mature.
- Serve with Indian poppadoms and dips, mango chutney, mint yoghurt and pickles. All very delicious!
Excellent recipe - everyone at a dinner party told me these were the best spiced onions they had ever had! Quite an accomplishment, very easy and effective. - 23 Sep 2012
Easiest and most authentic tasting spiced onion. I used a little less salt than in the recipe, and found it to our family's taste. - 27 Oct 2012
follow the steps and you can't go wrong. exactly like you find at any indian take-away. thanks - 25 Oct 2012