1 / 1 Picture by:
Foolproof chocolate fondant cake
- 250g dark cooking chocolate, chopped
- 250g butter
- 250g caster sugar
- 6 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 80g plain flour
Prep:20min › Cook:40min › Extra time:4hr freezing › Ready in:5hr
- Butter a 20-23cm round tin.
- Over medium-low heat, melt the chocolate and butter together in a double boiler. Once melted and smooth, take off the heat and set aside.
- In a bowl, combine the eggs, vanilla and salt, and whisk together until light and airy. Gradually stir in the chocolate mixture. Once combined, fold in the flour.
- Gently tip the mixture into the prepared tin. Cover with aluminium foil and put in the freezer for at least 4 hours (overnight for best results).
- Preheat the oven to 180 C / Gas 4. Put the frozen fondant in the oven for about 40 minutes, or until sides are firm and the centre is still wobbly with just a cooked outer crust.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate
What did you think? Tell us everything!