Real rocky road
Real rocky road
180 people made this
About this recipe:
The most intensely chocolatey treat you could wish for! Its a no bake wonder, easy to do with the kids or just for an indulgent treat.
Makes: 20 bites
150g biscuits (an assortment is fine, rich tea and digestives are best)
100g extras - Maltesers®, nuts, cherries, sultanas, anything that takes your fancy
250g dark chocolate, broken into pieces
125g unsalted butter, cubed
3 tablespoons golden syrup
100g mini marshmallows
Extra time:2hr chilling ›
- Place the biscuits into a ziplock bag and bash them with a rolling pin. The idea is to get a good mix of small and large chunks. It puts the rocky into the rocky road.
- Cut up any extra candy or large pieces of fruit into small bites.
- Melt the chocolate, butter cubes, and golden syrup together in a heavy based saucepan over a low heat. Stirring occasionally until the chocolate mix is silky and smooth.
- Fold the biscuits, mini marshmallows and extras into the chocolate mix until everything is coated.
- Tip the mixture out into a square baking tin (ideally lined with cling wrap or foil), pressing down the mix into the corners.
- Now the hard part – refrigerate for at least 2 hours (ideally overnight) to allow the mixture to set. Resist temptation to eat it all out of the tin.
- Cut into around 20 squares to serve.
Nomtastic Fridge Cake! (:
- 01 Nov 2011
These should have a warning, they dont last long!
Easy to bake even better to eat!
- 26 Aug 2012
Made this for our Christmas buffet table. Very impressed the best rocky road I've had, everyone loved it and it soon disappeared. Thanks for the recipe daisycharlo.
- 05 Jan 2014
Write a review
Click on stars to rate