Amazing chocolate brownies
Makes: 9 small slices
- 113g butter
- 125g plain flour
- 340g caster sugar
- 100g dark brown soft sugar
- 90g cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 220g white chocolate, chopped
Prep:5min › Cook:30min › Ready in:35min
- Preheat the oven to 180 C / Gas 4. Line a small square tin with baking parchment.
- Melt your butter on the hob or in the microwave until completely melted. Set aside to cool.
- Mix all of your dry ingredients together in a large mixing bowl.
- Add your eggs in one by one, beating well after every addition. Add the melted cooled butter into your bowl and stir in gently.
- Fold in the vanilla and chocolate chunks. Pop into your lined tray.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a skewer inserted about 5cm from the side of the pan comes out clean, about 30 minutes.
- When cooled, slice into even squares and enjoy!
Don't leave it in the oven for too long because it can get dry and lose its moistness!
lowered the sugars as suggested by GiselleRozzell but kept same amount of cocoa powder and I used dark chocolate chunks as not a fan of white, turned out beautifully and very indulgent - 04 Jan 2014
Made these today very tasty. suggest less coccoa and reduce both sugars at least by 20g, the same with butter..I added a handful of rasberys which keeps them moist. - 13 Apr 2013