1 / 1 Picture by:
Chicken, rice and spinach soup
- 140g (5oz) long-grain white rice
- 2 litres (3 1/2 pints) chicken stock
- 225g (8oz) chicken fillets (skinned and boned breasts), cut into 5mm (1/4in) slices
- 350g (12oz) fresh spinach leaves, or 1 small escarole, shredded
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- good pinch of freshly ground black pepper
Prep:10min › Cook:30min › Ready in:40min
- Place the rice in a sieve and rinse under cold running water until the water runs clear.
- Place the rice in a large saucepan with the chicken stock and bring to the boil. Simmer for about 10 minutes.
- Add the sliced chicken to the pan and simmer, partly covered, for a further 5 minutes. Stir in the spinach and continue simmering for another 5 minutes or until the rice is tender and the chicken and spinach are cooked.
- Season with the lemon juice and pepper, then serve hot.
Nice but not exceptional. Would make a nice appetiser. Would probably add some herbs next time. - 25 May 2010
Write a review
Click on stars to rate
What did you think? Tell us everything!