2 people made this
About this recipe:
I love the flavour of eggnog at Christmas, and was looking for a way to incorporate that into a biscuit. This was the result!
175g chilled butter
1 teaspoon brandy
1 teaspoon rum
150g plain flour
125g caster sugar
1 teaspoon cream of tartar
1/2 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 200 C / Gas 6.
- Beat the egg, butter and alcohol together well.
- Gradually add in the flour, 100g of the caster sugar, cream of tartar and bicarbonate of soda, until well mixed. In a separate bowl, mix the 25g sugar and spices.
- Shape rounded teaspoonfuls of dough into approx 2.5cm balls. Roll the balls in the sugar and spice mixture. Place these on a grease proof liner or cookie tray, about 2.5cm apart.
- Bake until edges are lightly browned, about 10 minutes. Remove and allow to cool for 1 minute before transferring to a wire rack to cool.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate