Pear and coriander crumble cake
7 people made this
About this recipe:
Pear and coriander may sound an odd combination, but produces a tasty, moist sponge! Simple yet impressive.
For the topping
50g unsalted butter
50g demerera sugar
50g coriander seeds, crushed
75g plain flour
For the cake
150g demerera sugar
3 medium eggs, beaten
200g self-raising flour
4 pears, peeled, cored and chopped
1 tablespoon ground coriander
- To make the crumble topping: rub the 50g butter, 50g demerara sugar, crushed coriander seeds and plain flour together.
- Preheat the oven to 180 C / Gas 4.
- To make the cake: beat the 175g butter and demerara sugar until light and fluffy. Gradually mix in the eggs, and then fold in the flour, pears and ground coriander.
- Pour mixture into a greased baking tin and sprinkle all crumble topping evenly on top.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a skewer inserted near the centre comes out clean. Serve with vanilla custard.
This cake has an unusual but enjoyable flavor. It's moist and dense texture would make it the perfect breakfast treat with a hot cup of tea. I will definitely make this again.
- 11 Mar 2012
Write a review
Click on stars to rate