Easy mulled wine
- 1 litre dry red wine
- 2 (5cm) cinnamon sticks
- 1 dessertspoon whole cloves
- 1 dessertspoon whole allspice
- 1 large piece orange rind (avoid the pith)
- 1 large piece lemon rind (avoid the pith)
- 4 tablespoons sugar, or to taste
Prep:3min › Cook:20min › Ready in:23min
- In a heavy saucepan over medium heat, combine the red wine, cinnamon, cloves, allspice, lemon rind and orange rind. Heat gently, but don't bring to the boil. Stir in 2 tablespoons of the sugar, and once dissolved, taste to see if you'd like to add more.
- Keep hot on medium to low heat for 20 minutes to let the flavours infuse the wine. Serve your mulled wine hot in glasses or mugs.
Watch how to make your own warming mulled wine - including a non-alcoholic version - in our How to make mulled wine video
Very easy to make and is a tradition in our home a the holidays. Thank you for posting - 16 Dec 2011
Super recipe! We loved how this mulled wine wasn't diluted with water and didn't have gin or another liquor, it's just the lovely spices and wine. So easy to do, even last minute. Thanks for the recipe! - 17 Oct 2013