1 / 1 Picture by: bluelimoncello
Makes: 16 cakes
- 100g raisins or sultanas
- 100g dried apricots, chopped
- 50g mixed citrus peel, chopped
- 50g dried cranberries
- 450g self-raising flour
- 1/2 tablespoon ground nutmeg
- 200g butter
- 200g demerara sugar
- 2 medium free-range eggs, beaten
- sugar for sprinkling
Prep:20min › Cook:20min › Extra time:2hr soaking › Ready in:2hr40min
- Mix the raisins, apricots, mixed citrus peel and cranberries in a bowl and soak for 2 hours in water.
- Heat the oven to 180 C / Gas 4. Sieve the flour into a large bowl and then add the ground nutmeg.
- Add the butter and rub together to resemble fine breadcrumbs. Add the sugar and mix thoroughly.
- Drain the fruit of water and damp dry with kitchen paper. Add to the mixture.
- Pour both beaten eggs into the mixture until it comes together to a dough ball.
- Place the dough in generous lumps on a baking tray and then sprinkle with sugar. Bake until golden brown, about 15 minutes.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate
What did you think? Tell us everything!