1 / 1 Picture by:
French shortcrust pastry
Makes: 1 pastry case
- 200g plain flour
- 1/8 teaspoon salt (or a pinch)
- 120g cold, unsalted butter, cubed
- 6 tablespoons of iced water
Prep:15min › Cook:15min › Extra time:45min chilling › Ready in:1hr15min
- In a food processor, mix together flour and salt. Add butter, and process until mixture resembles coarse breadcrumbs. Add water 1 tablespoon at a time. Pulse briefly until dough begins to clump together. Remove dough from processor onto a floured surface, and form into a ball. Allow dough to rest at room temperature for 30 to 45 minutes before rolling out.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out dough to fit a 25cm pie dish. Arrange the pastry over the dish and crimp the edge. Prick the bottom of dough several times with a fork. Place in freezer for 15 to 20 minutes. Meanwhile, preheat oven to 220 degrees C.
- Fill the base with ceramic baking beans, or use pie weights. Bake in preheated oven for 15 minutes. Remove beans, and continue to bake another 5 minutes. If necessary, cover with tin foil to prevent it from browning too much.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate
What did you think? Tell us everything!