Easy lemon cheesecake
- 200g digestive biscuits
- 60g butter
- 1 lemon
- 300g medium fat cream cheese
- 75g caster sugar
- 150ml double cream
Prep:30min › Cook:10min › Extra time:2hr chilling › Ready in:2hr40min
- Put the biscuits into a food bag, crush into crumbs with a rolling pin.
- Put the butter in a pan and melt it over a low temperature on the hob. Remove the pan from the heat. Add the biscuit crumbs to the melted butter and stir with a wooden spoon until completely mixed.
- Tip the mixture into a 20cm springform cake tin. Use the bottom of a glass to flatten, and chill in the fridge for around 20 minutes.
- Wash the lemon and grate the zest into a bowl. Cut the lemon in half and squeeze out the juice.
- Place the cream cheese and sugar into a mixing bowl; beat until mixed together, and then whisk in the double cream. Pour in the lemon juice and zest, whisk until creamy.
- Make sure the biscuit base is properly chilled then remove from the fridge. Pour the cream cheese mixture on top of the biscuit base, and spread it out evenly.
- Put the cake in the fridge to chill for a couple of hours.
- Unclip and remove cake tin and now it is ready to eat.
First time I have ever made cheesecake. Lovely recipe but the chill time was much longer than two hours. - 01 Aug 2012
worked a treat, although I made mine with Malteasers rather than lemon - 23 Jul 2012
Easy to follow. Biscuit base would be better baked. - 09 Dec 2012