1 / 1 Picture by:
Makes: 24 mince pies
- 50g vegetable suet
- 240g dried fruit (sultanas, raisins, dates, apricots, cranberries, etc.)
- 60g chopped cherries
- 1 small apple, grated
- 1 orange or clementine, juiced and zested
- 1 tablespoon apple puree or concentrate
- 1 tablespoon treacle or honey
- 60 to 80ml port
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
Prep:15min › Extra time:1day soaking › Ready in:1day15min
- Mix all the ingredients together and pour into a 500ml jar. Allow to soak for at least 1 day, though the longer you leave it the stronger the flavour.
Make sure there is enough liquid to cover all the mixture - it'll soak in I promise!
Write a review
Click on stars to rate
What did you think? Tell us everything!