Vegetarian Singapore vermicelli
6 people made this
About this recipe:
Singapore noodles, the vegetarian way. This is a quick satisfying vegetarian meal. Healthy and simple.
3 vermicelli nests
1 to 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
1 small red onion, thinly sliced
2 cloves of garlic, minced
1/2 teaspoon chopped fresh ginger
1/4 teaspoon chopped red chilli
6 button mushrooms, sliced
1 carrot, thinly sliced
1 large yellow, red or orange pepper, thinly sliced
1/2 teaspoon mild curry powder
1/4 teaspoon turmeric
1/4 teaspoon cumin
4 tablespoons of water
1 teaspoon dark soy sauce
1 egg, beaten
- Cook vermicelli according to packet instructions.
- In a wok heat oil. Add onion, garlic, ginger, red chilli. Fry for a minute. Add mushrooms, carrot and pepper. Fry for a couple of minutes.
- Add curry powder, turmeric, cumin, water and soy sauce. Stir together for a couple of minutes. Add cooked vermicelli and combine well. Cook until quite dry.
- Move everything to the side of the wok and add egg in the space created. Move the eggs around a little until cooked (like scrambled egg, quite dry). Combine eggs with vermicelli and vegetables.
- Serve with a little more soy sauce to taste.
this is a easy meal hay
- 24 Aug 2015
Write a review
Click on stars to rate