Makes: 8 pancakes
- 150g plain flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- pinch of salt
- 1 large egg
- 240ml milk
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
Prep:10min › Cook:10min › Ready in:20min
- Sift the flour, baking powder and salt into a large bowl. Make a well in the centre and add the egg and a litle milk. Beat with a fork or a whisk, adding more milk until the batter is smooth. Whisk in the melted butter.
- Heat a non-stick pan until it's hot. Use a ladle to pour in some batter; swirl it around to just about cover the base of the frying pan. Once it starts to firm up and begins to bubble, loosen the edges and flip it over to cook the other side. Repeat until you've used all of the mix.
- Serve warm with syrup and fruit, or sprinkle over some lemon juice and caster sugar.
Brilliant! Made 10 medium sized pancakes which didn't last long! - 31 Jan 2012
Grrrrrrrrrrreat! - 04 Mar 2014
Great recipe, perfect, loved it - 23 Feb 2014