1 / 1 Picture by: RoosterandHen
- For stock
- chicken bones
- 2 bay leaves
- 3 peppercorns
- 2 onions, sliced in half, skins left on for colour
- plenty of pepper to taste
- For soup
- 1 chicken breast, baked in foil until cooked and then shredded
- 2 large mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 2 spring onions, sliced (for garnish)
Prep:1hr30min › Cook:10min › Ready in:1hr40min
- Make the stock by adding the chicken bones to a large pan or stockpot. Add the bay, peppercorns, onions, pepper and water to cover twice over.
- Bring the boil and the simmer for 1.5 to 2 hours. (This can be made well in advance and chilled until ready to use). Drain the stock through a fine sieve.
- When ready to make the soup: heat the stock in a wok by bringing to the boil then turning down to a simmer.
- Add the shredded chicken and mushrooms. Warm through, about 5 minutes.
- Ladle the soup into a bowl and garnish with spring onions and serve with prawn crackers (optional).
See it on my blog
Write a review
Click on stars to rate
What did you think? Tell us everything!