1 person made this
About this recipe:
A Mediterranean dip made from aubergines, which is delicious warm with pitta bread or chunks of bread!
1 small onion, chopped
2 garlic cloves, chopped
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 1/2 teaspoons tomato puree
salt and pepper to taste
1 pinch saffron
200ml soured cream
pinch of dried mint
- Peel the aubergines, dice and place in a bowl.
- Sprinkle generous amounts of salt and add water to cover the aubergines - mix with your hand so the salt is diluted (this step will take the bitterness out of the aubergines).
- Place something heavy on to the aubergines to hold them under the water.
- Saute the the onion and garlic with a little of the oil on a medium heat.
- Once the aubergine is ready, rinse with water and leave to drain.
- When the onion is golden, add more oil and add the aubergines.
- Fry the aubergine until they turn brown (this will take 20- to 30 minutes).
- Add 240ml water to the pan, with the tomato puree - cover and cook for 30 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper and the saffron.
- When the aubergine is ready blend the aubergine mixture.
- Taste- add more seasoning if required.
- Mix in the sour cream and mint.
Either eat it warm or chilled.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate