1 / 1 Picture by: RoosterandHen
- 200g lamb mince
- 1/2 tablespoon lemon juice
- salt to taste
- 1 teaspoon ginger paste
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 small green chilli, diced (seeds removed)
- 1/2 teaspoon dried cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon dried coriander
- 1 small egg, beaten
- good pinch garam masala
- 1/2 small onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon garam masala
- pinch dried fenugreek
- pinch cayenne
- 4 bamboo skewers
Prep:15min › Cook:35min › Extra time:2hr marinating › Ready in:2hr50min
- Add all the ingredients to a food processor.
- Pulse slowly to incorporate and blend slowly for a couple of minutes or until the mixture becomes a thick paste.
- Remove and add to a bowl, cover and place in the fridge for at least 2 hours or overnight.
- Soak the skewers in water for 30 minutes. Divide the lamb mixture into 4 equal portions.
- Shape each portion around a skewer tightly and repeat with remaining skewers. Place back in the fridge whilst the BBQ is heating up.
- BBQ or grill for 30-35 minutes over medium heat, turning over frequently and try not to dry out.
- Serve with a wedge of lemon and fresh coriander as a garnish.
Serve as part as a tandoori mixed grill - see BBQ tandoori chicken recipe.
See it on my blog
Write a review
Click on stars to rate
What did you think? Tell us everything!