2 people made this
About this recipe:
An easy and light baked cheesecake which combines my favourite fruit, fresh cherries, with delicious cheesecake.
200g crumbled biscuits, such as digestives, ginger or chocolate
450g cream cheese, such as Philidelphia®
2 eggs, beaten
2 tablespoons lemon juice
125g caster sugar
75g cherries, pipped and chopped
3 or 4 whole cherries for decoration
Extra time:2hr cooling ›
- Preheat the oven to 180 C / Gas 4. Line a 20cm spring bottomed cake tin with grease proof paper.
- Melt butter and combine with crumbled biscuits. Put into cake tin and press til flat and even. Place in fridge for 5 minutes.
- Beat cream cheese until fluffy. Add eggs, lemon juice and sugar and beat until smooth and thoroughly combined. Add chopped cherries, making sure all pips are removed, and mix until even.
- Remove biscuit base from the fridge and fill with the cream cheese and cherry mix.
- Bake until a skewer inserted near the centre comes out clean, around 20 minutes, turning halfway for even distribution.
- Allow to cool thoroughly and decorate with the whole cherries.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate