1 / 1 Picture by: friarbeetroot
- 450g lamb or beef mince
- a handful cumin (you can be quite liberal with this)
- 2 tablespoons hot paprika
- 1 bunch flat or curly leafed parsley, chopped
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion
- 1 stick celery
- 3 to 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 to 3 tins tomatoes
- 2 to 3 fresh tomatoes
- 6 eggs
Prep:30min › Cook:45min › Ready in:1hr15min
- Preheat the oven to 190 C / Gas 5.
- Put the mince, cumin, paprika and chopped parsley in a mixing bowl, along with a good pinch of salt. Mulch the above-mentioned together with hands that are holy and clean until binded and entwined. Roll the mixture into bite sized balls, and then brown off in the olive oil.
- After all the meatballs have been browned off, put to one side and in the same oil, fry off the onion and celery. Once soft and translucent add the garlic, tinned and fresh tomatoes, along with more paprika, ground cumin and salt. Bring to a gentle rolling simmer then transfer the elixir to a casserole, tagine or Tuscan oven.
- Place the meatballs in the sauce and bake for 30 minutes.
- After 20 minutes, crack 6 eggs over the meatballs, place back in the oven to cook for a further 10 minutes.
- Sprinkle with more chopped parsley and feast ones socks off. So ends the recipe . . . Friar Beetroot
See it on my blog
Write a review
Click on stars to rate
What did you think? Tell us everything!