1 person made this
About this recipe:
Very delicious :). Cream puff pastries are filled with vanilla pastry cream and coated with melted chocolate for a tasty snack.
For the pastry
65g plain flour
2 medium eggs
For the vanilla cream
200ml whipping cream
1/2 teaspoon vanilla essence
1 tablespoon icing sugar
For the chocolate topping
100g plain chocolate
2 tablespoons water
25g softened butter
Extra time:15min cooling ›
- Preheat oven to 220 C / Gas 7. Grease baking tray. Hold baking tray under a cold tap then shake off any water.
- Sift flour onto kitchen roll or tin foil and put to one side. Break eggs into a small bowl and beat.
- Cut the 50g butter into small pieces and put into a saucepan with the 150ml water. Heat gently and take off heat when mixture boils.
- Straight away, tip the flour into the pan and stir for 1 minute until mixture begins to form a ball in the middle of the pan. cool for 5 minutes.
- Add a little egg, stir in well then repeat until all egg is used. Put teaspoonfuls of pastry onto baking tray.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 10 minutes, then reduce the temperature to 190 C / Gas 5 and remain cooking until puffy and dark golden, a further 25 minutes.
- Prick a hole in each one to let out steam. Leave to cool.
- While buns are cooling, add all vanilla cream ingredients to a bowl and beat until light and fluffy.
- When buns are cold, cut each one in half horizontally, then fill with vanilla cream.
- Melt the chocolate with the 2 tablespoons water and 25g butter in a saucepan and coat buns.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate