3 people made this
About this recipe:
A quick recipe for cakes for Easter or anytime of the year. I cook these at least once a week. This recipe cannot fail!
Makes: 12 cupcakes
For the cakes
115g (4oz) softened butter or margarine
115g (4oz) caster sugar
2 eggs, lightly beaten
85g (3oz) self-raising flour
25g (1oz) cocoa powder (optional - for chocolate cupcakes)
For the topping
85g (3oz) softened butter
175g (6oz) icing sugar
1 tablespoon milk
3 drops vanilla extract
2 packets mini eggs
Extra time:15min cooling ›
- Preheat the oven to 180 C / Gas 4. Line 12 paper cases on a tray.
- Place the 115g butter in a mixing bowl with caster sugar and beat till fluffy and light. Then gradually beat in the eggs.
- Sift the flour and cocoa powder (if using) and fold into the mixture. Spoon the mixture into the paper cases.
- Bake in preheated oven until well risen and firm to touch, 15 to 20 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack to cool.
- To make the buttercream topping, place the 85g butter in a bowl and beat until fluffy.
- Sift in the icing sugar and beat together until well mixed, adding the milk and vanilla extract.
When the cupcakes are cold, place the icing in a piping bag, fitted with a star nozzle and pipe a circle around the edge of each cupcake to form a nest.
- Place chocolate eggs in the center of each nest to decorate.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate