Viennese chocolate chip bread
Makes: 1 loaf
- 150g chocolate chips
- 500g plain flour
- 60g butter
- 300ml milk
- 1 1/2 tablespoons caster sugar
- 2 teaspoons dried active baking yeast
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
Prep:5min › Cook:2hr › Extra time:5min cooling › Ready in:2hr10min
- Lightly grease the pan of your bread machine. Place the chocolate chips in the freezer.
- Add all of the ingredients to the bread machine in the order suggested by the manufacturer. Select the White Bread cycle and the Light setting for the crust. Start.
- When the machine signals time to add ingredients, add the chocolate chips.
- When the cycle is finished, wait 5 minutes before turning out the bread.
This recipe must be wrong. I thought it was odd there was no liquid and sure enough my bread machine just turned it into a flourly mess. I added 300ml of water and it looked better. I then wasn't sure when to add the chocolate chips so added them too soon (my bread machine doesn't have a signal to add ingredients). Also it isn't clear whether to use plain flour or strong white flour - is it bread or a cake???? It's not baked yet but it just looks brown now... Total waste of some expensive chocolate chips and other ingredients - 30 May 2013