1 / 1 Picture by: annef
French apricot tart
- 125g caster sugar
- 3 eggs, separated
- 125g melted butter
- 250g flaked almonds
- 250g apricot jam
- 1 unbaked shortcrust pastry case
Prep:10min › Cook:45min › Ready in:55min
- Preheat the oven to 180 C / Gas 6.
- Bake pastry case in preheated oven (on its own) for 15 minutes (until baked through but not browned).
- Meanwhile, in a medium mixing bowl beat sugar with egg yolks until mixture begins to whiten in colour; add melted butter and almonds and mix well; finally, beat egg whites into stiff peaks and fold into almond mixture.
- Spread jam over baked pastry case, then top with egg mixture and bake for another 30 minutes.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate
What did you think? Tell us everything!