- Preheat the oven to 200ºC (400ºF, gas mark 6) and put 2 baking sheets in the oven to heat up. Put the potatoes in a large saucepan and pour over enough boiling water to cover them. Bring back to the boil, then simmer for 5 minutes. Drain and return to the pan.
- Drizzle the oil over the potatoes and toss them quickly to coat. Spread them out on one of the hot baking sheets and roast for 10 minutes. Turn the potatoes over and roast for another 10 minutes, then turn them again and roast for a further 5 minutes or until crisp and tender.
- Meanwhile, season inside the fish and tuck in the sprigs of tarragon. Cut out 4 squares of foil, each large enough to wrap up a fish. Cut the orange and lemon slices in half. Divide half the fruit slices among the foil squares, lay the fish on top and cover with the remaining slices. Sprinkle 1 tbsp orange juice over each fish.
- Wrap up the foil to enclose the fish completely, twisting the ends to seal. Lay the parcels on the second hot baking sheet and bake for 20 minutes.
- While the fish and potatoes are cooking, make the sauce. Grate the cucumber, put it into a sieve and press to squeeze out the water. Mix together the cucumber, yogurt and mint, and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Arrange the fish, orange and lemon slices and roasted potatoes on warm plates. Add a garnish of watercress and serve with the cucumber sauce.
Some more ideas
For a speedy trout dish, buy 2 fillets of trout per person. Sprinkle with a little olive oil and grill, skin side down, for 2–4 minutes. Serve with new potatoes. * Vary the flavour of the sauce by adding 1 tsp horseradish relish. Or, instead of mint, use 1 tbsp chopped fresh chives or green olives.
Like other oily fish, trout contains beneficial fats from the omega-3 family of essential fatty acids. These help to protect the body against strokes and heart disease. * Plain yogurt is often used as an alternative to cream. This has the advantage of helping to lower the fat content of a recipe. In addition, yogurt provides more calcium than cream on a weight for weight basis.
Each serving provides
Excellent source of niacin, potassium, vitamin B1, vitamin B6, vitamin B12, vitamin C. Good source of calcium, iron, selenium, vitamin E. Useful source of copper, folate, vitamin A, vitamin B2, zinc.