1 / 1
Be the first to make this!
About this recipe:
This braised beef is fabulous with mashed potatoes, and comes from decades ago. With a good joint of beef, you need little else!
150ml dry white wine
50ml wine vinegar
2 onions, minced
2 carrots, peeled and sliced
salt and ground black pepper
1kg beef roasting joint
1 tablespoon cornflour
- Pour the water, white wine, wine vinegar, onions and carrots into a casserole dish. Season with salt and pepper and bring to the boil. Reduce the heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Remove from the heat, and let the mixture cool to room temperature. Add the beef, cover and marinate for 24 hours, turning occasionally, in the refrigerator.
- Preheat the grill of the oven. Place the beef on a roasting tin, and grill 2 or 3 minutes on each side. Remove the beef from the oven, turn off the grill and preheat the oven to 180 C / Gas 4.
- Return the beef to the casserole, cover and bake in the preheated oven until very tender, about 2 hours. When the beef is ready, remove it to a serving platter to rest while you make the sauce.
- Pour the pan juices into a small saucepan. Whisk in the cornflour, and puree the sauce using a hand blender. Cook until thickened, about 5 minutes. Slice the meat and pour the sauce over.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate