Fresh fruit cake
1 / 1
1 person made this
About this recipe:
An easy to make and very moist cake! I like it with raspberries or blackberries but you can use your favourite fruit. Sprinkle with icing sugar before serving.
440g caster sugar
250g cooking margarine
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
6 eggs, separated
150g plain flour
2 tablespoons cornflour
1 teaspoon baking powder
200g raspberries or favourite fruit
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees C / gas 4. Grease and lightly flour a springform cake tin.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream margarine with sugar until smooth. Add vanilla and egg yolks one at a time, mixing well after each addition.
- Mix plain flour with cornflour and baking powder. Alternately add flour and milk to the egg mixture.
- Whisk egg whites until stiff and fold gently into the batter.
- Pour the batter into prepared cake tin Arrange the fresh fruit on top. Don't worry if the fruit sinks into the mixture. Bake for 1 hour until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate