Slow cooker ham with honey and mustard glaze
- half ham/gammon joint
- 4-5 tablespoons wholegrain mustard
- 4 tablespoons honey
- 5 tablespoons brown sugar
Prep:5min › Cook:4hr › Ready in:4hr5min
- Cut the skin off the joint. Trim the fat. Place the joint inside the slow cooker.
- Mix the mustard and honey in a small bowl with about 250ml of water. Pour over the ham. Cover with lid.
- Cook on high for 1 hour. Turn down the heat and cook for a further two to three hours. Check that the ham is sufficiently cooked all the way through.
- Preheat the oven to 200 C / Gas 6.
- Remove the ham from the liquid and place in a roasting tin. Cover with baking foil and set to one side.
- Pour the remaining fluid and meat juices into a saucepan and reduce down over a medium heat, whilst stirring. Add the sugar and continue to stir until it has reduced by at least half.
- Pour the glaze over the ham. Cover with the foil and place in the preheated oven.
- Roast it for half an hour. During that time, remove the ham from the oven and spoon some of the glaze from the tray or leftover in the pan back over the top of the joint. Repeat this several times. The glaze will become sticky.
- Leave the joint to stand for 10 minutes before carving.
This is THEE only recipe you need for ham/gammon joint - i have never done one before so was a little nervous that i wrecked it!! i got an 11lb (5kg) joint with bone in - cut it in half and followed this recipe twice over - this is the best ham i have ever tasted and sooooooooo succulent - after the slow cooker part i only actually put in the oven for a further 10 mins and it was already gorgeous and i didnt want to ruin it - amazing - try this recipe and takes no time at all - 05 Jan 2013
Totally agree with first review.Ive cooked ham for years the conventional way and I could never get it right overcooked or not enough,anyway it was with trepidation I troied this I actually put it on and forgot it,it was on high for 6 hours!! it was perfect,I didnt even put it in the oven ideal now for lunch today and sanwiches for the week with leftovers going into carbonara!Thanks for sharing! - 13 Jan 2013
Never cooked my gammon in slow cooker before but wow it ewas so moist and the flavour was devin Its even great cold the next day with pickles and cheese - 02 Jan 2014