1 / 1 Picture by: Aeroz
Bread machine stollen
Makes: 1 loaf
- 2 eggs
- 150ml milk
- 100g butter at room temperature, diced
- 50g caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 300g plain flour
- 2 teaspoons dried active yeast
- 75g raisins
- 40g chopped walnuts
- 40g ground almonds
- 15g butter, melted
- icing sugar
Prep:10min › Cook:35min › Extra time:2hr rising › Ready in:2hr45min
- Break eggs into a large measuring cup, then add milk, filling to 150ml mark. Add to bread machine; then add the diced butter, sugar, salt, flour and yeast. Select Pastry cycle and start bread machine.
- After 10 minutes of kneading add the raisins, walnuts and ground almonds.
- Once cycle is complete, lightly flour your hands and a clean work surface. Remove dough from machine and form a ball with your hands. Cover with a clean, damp tea towel and let rest 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes, lightly flour hands again and shape the bread. Form a tight ball; then using a floured rolling pin, slightly flatten half of the bread lengthways. Fold this thinner half over thicker half. Place bread on a baking tray lined with baking parchment. Cover with a clean cloth and let rise for 1 hour and 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 180 C / Gas 4. Place baking tray with bread on lowest oven shelf (closest to heat and bottom of oven) and bake for about 35 minutes.
- Remove from oven and brush with melted butter. Let cool and dust with icing sugar.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate
What did you think? Tell us everything!