Brioche Bread and Butter Pudding
Serves : 4
- 225g brioche
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 50g dark chocolate, chopped
- 1 egg
- 2 egg yolks
- 50g caster sugar
- 1 (410g) tin light evaporated milk
Prep:25min › Cook:35min › Ready in:1hr
- Cut the brioche into thin slices. Lightly butter one side of each slice.
- Place a layer of brioche, buttered-side down, in the bottom of a shallow baking dish. Sprinkle a bit of chocolate over the top.
- Continue layering the brioche and chocolate chips. finishing with a layer of bread on top.
- Whisk together the egg, egg yolks and sugar until well combined. Heat the milk in a small sauce pan until it just begins to simmer. Gruadually add to the egg mixture, whisking well.
- Pour the custard over the pudding and leave to stand for 5 minutes. Press the brioche down into the milk.
- Place baking dish in a roasting tin and fill with boiling water to come halfway up the side of the dish.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 180 C / Gas 4 for 30 minutes or until the custard has set. Leave to cool for 5 minutes before serving.
Used different ingredients. I used pre-sliced chocolate brioche loaf as well as the chocolate chips, so it worked out about 300g to make two layers. I also added vanilla essence to the custard - yummy! - 09 Feb 2011
A truly vile dish. The evaporated milk made it taste like chemicals. Do not use this recipe on others unless you have tested out. - 19 Mar 2012
I made amendments but overall was a great recipe and very easy to make :D - 09 Feb 2011