2 people made this
About this recipe:
Crispy, breaded strips of white fish. These are delicious simply served with salt and lemon. You could also serve them with a creamy lemon mayonnaise for dipping.
60g plain flour, for dusting
3 eggs, beaten
100g fresh breadcrumbs
500g fish fillets, such as sole or plaice, sliced into strips
Vegetable oil, for deep-frying in pan
Salt, to serve
Lemon wedges, to serve
- Sprinkle flour on a shallow plate, place the beaten eggs in a wide bowl and place the breadcrumbs into a deep bowl. Arrange the bowls in a row so you can work in order of flour-egg-breadcrumbs.
- Heat about 1cm of oil in a deep frying pan over medium heat.
- Take each strip of fish, coat evenly with flour, then dip into the beaten egg mixture. Remove and place in bowl of breadcrumbs; roll to completely coat the fish in breadcrumbs.
- Fry the fish goujons in hot oil for 5 minutes on each side, until golden brown and evenly cooked.
- Remove and place on kitchen paper to absorb any excess oil. Sprinkle with salt and serve with lemon wedges.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate