1 / 1 Picture by: emma26
Iced cherry bakewell tart
emma26 Hertfordshire, England, UK
- 1 sheet shortcrust pastry
- 1 tablespoon apricot jam
- 60g margarine
- 60g caster sugar
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 1 egg, beaten
- 110g ground almonds
- 60g self-raising flour
- 60g icing sugar
- 4 glace cherries, halved
Prep:20min › Cook:30min › Ready in:50min
- Preheat the oven to 200 C / Gas 6. Line a 20cm flan mould or cake tin with the shortcrust pastry. Spread the apricot jam on the base.
- Cream together the margarine and caster sugar. Add the lemon juice and egg and mix well. Fold in the almonds and flour. Spread in the pastry case.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a skewer inserted near the centre comes out clean, about 25 minutes. Cool completely.
- Mix the icing sugar with some water until it reaches a coating consistency. Spread evenly over the tart and decorate with the glace cherry halves.
made this and it turned out lovely, I did add a little more jam, great recipe thanks. - 16 Sep 2013
Write a review
Click on stars to rate
What did you think? Tell us everything!