1 / 1
1 person made this
About this recipe:
The little tea cake known as the madeleine is typically sweet. Here's a cheesy savoury version, perfect for a nibble alongside a glass of wine, or served with a bowl of soup.
120g plain flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
2 egg yolks, beaten
75g salted butter, melted
110g Munster cheese, finely grated
1 to 2 teaspoons cumin seeds
ground black pepper, to taste
2 egg whites
- Preheat the oven to 240 C / Gas 9. Butter a madeleine mould.
- In a deep bowl, whisk together the plain flour and baking powder, then whisk in the egg yolks and the butter.
- Stir in the cheese. Season liberally with cumin seed and black pepper.
- Beat the egg whites until stiff, then fold them gently into the mixture. Spoon into the prepared madeleine mould.
- Bake in the preheated oven until golden, about 10 minutes.
Silicone madeleine moulds are easiest to work with, and do not require any greasing beforehand. If you use a tin mould, be sure to grease it thoroughly.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate