Pinhead oat biscuits
- 75g (3 oz) self raising flour
- 75g (3 oz) pinhead oats
- 75g (3 oz) sugar
- 75g (3 oz) butter
- 1 tablespoon golden syrup
- 1 tablespoon milk
Prep:10min › Cook:10min › Ready in:20min
- Preheat oven to 180 C / Gas mark 4. Line a baking tray with baking parchment.
- Sift the flour into a bowl. Mix in pinhead oats and sugar.
- Melt butter, syrup and milk in a saucepan and stir until heated through. Add to the premixed dry ingredients. Mix until well combined. Spoon onto a baking tray and shape into rounds.
- Bake in preheated oven for 10 to 15 minutes, or until golden brown. Leave to cool for 5 minutes before removing from tray.
What a great recipe - includes ounces measurements which made it even easier. I use pinhead for my porridge - don't be put off by them if you're not sure what they are. Followed recipe to the letter (except I didn't have any golden syrup, so used maple) and the biscuits were perfect. Very crispy, Thank you! - 26 May 2013