Crispy chilli beef
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 tbsp cornflour
- 150g beef (frying steak), thinly sliced strips
- vegetable oil for deep frying
- 1 carrot, finely shredded
- 1 spring onion, shredded
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 red chilli, shredded
- 10g sugar
- 2 tbsp white rice vinegar
- 2 tbsp sweet chilli dipping sauce
- splash of light soy sauce
Prep:15min › Cook:15min › Ready in:30min
- Combine eggs, salt and corn flour then coat the beef strips.
- Heat the oil to 180c and deep fry the beef strips, take care to add them to the wok one by one. Don't stir them for 10 seconds, then stir to ensure they don't stick together. Cook for approx 6-7 minutes until brown and crispy. Remove and drain.
- Using some of the oil from frying, stir fry the spring onion, garlic, chilli and carrot. Add the sugar, white rice vinegar, sweet chilli sauce and light soy sauce and mix together. Finally add the beef and toss together.
If your meat is frozen slice it with a sharp knife before it has defrosted too much and you can slice it much more finely. The finer the slice the better the result.
- 14 May 2013
So easy to prepare and cook. Went down a treat with family. - 27 Jan 2013
Just made this for dinner..definitely as good as any takeaway, and you know what's in it! Easy to make and so tasty. If you like a bit more sauce, add some water and then a bit of cornflour dissolved in water to thicken it. - 01 Mar 2014