1 / 1
1 person made this
About this recipe:
This Spanish cocido hails from Madrid and is a hearty all-in-one meal, perfect for a chilly winter evening.
300g beef shank
1 (200g) chorizo sausage (200g)
300g chicken thigh
300g pork belly
1 piece beef bone
1 piece ham bone
1.5L cold water
500g chickpeas, soaked overnight
1/2 cabbage, thinly sliced
olive oil for frying
2 cloves garlic, chopped
1 handful soup pasta (any small shape is fine)
Extra time:8hr soaking ›
- Place all of the meats and bones in a pressure cooker. Cover with the cold water and bring to a simmer, uncovered. Skim off any foam that rises to the top.
- Add the chickpeas and salt to taste. Seal the pressure cooker and cook for 30 minutes under pressure.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, bring some salted water to the boil and add the cabbage. Simmer for 5 minutes.
- Heat a generous amount of olive oil in a frying pan. Add the garlic and cook for a minute. Strain the cabbage and add to the frying pan with the garlic, along with salt to taste. Cook until tender.
- Remove the pressure cooker lid when safe to do so, and strain the stock from the cooker into a saucepan. Bring the stock to the boil and add the soup pasta; cook until pasta is tender.
- Place the meat from the pressure cooker on a serving platter, surrounded by the chickpeas. Serve with bowls of soup and cabbage on the side.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate