1 / 1 Picture by:
Chinese curry sauce
- 3 chicken stock cubes
- 1½ pints boiling water
- 3 tablespoons cornflour (mixed with sufficient cold water to make a paste)
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- ½ teaspoon Chinese five spice powder
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- ¼ teaspoon mild chilli powder
- 2 teaspoons mild curry powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
Prep:5min › Cook:5min › Ready in:10min
- In a large jug, mix stock cubes with boiling water and stir until they have dissolved. Add cornflour paste and stir until thick.
- Stir in oyster sauce and soy sauce. Add five spice powder, ground ginger, chilli powder and curry powder. Mix well; season to taste. Use as a base sauce for curry.
A very simple and quick recipe. I used a third of each ingredient to make enough for two people. - 23 Jun 2013
Write a review
Click on stars to rate
What did you think? Tell us everything!