Extra time:1hr chilling ›
- In a food processor, whiz the walnuts and cashew nuts until you get a breadcrumb consistency. Tip this mixture into a large mixing bowl.
- Chop the dates into tiny pieces (about 3mm) add to the mixing bowl and mix in with your fingers to prevent them clumping together.
- Add the cinnamon, dessicated coconut, chocolate drops and raisins. Mix together.
- Using an electric mixer slowly stir in the coconut milk and mix for a few minutes until the mixture comes together and has a cookie dough-like consistency. If the mix is too wet add more coconut to soak it up.
- Spoon out, roll into little balls and drop onto a foiled baking sheet. You want each ball (or bite) to be about 3cm in diameter ~ish! When all the mixture is balled-up, pop the baking sheet into the fridge for about an hour and they will firm up.
For an extra treat you can dust lightly with a little cocoa powder/cinnamon
- Transfer into an airtight container and they will keep in the fridge for up to a week - if they last that long!!
I eat these most mornings with a few strawberries/blackberries/blueberries/tayberries (whichever I've picked from my garden that day) and a few spoonfuls of Greek yoghurt. Yum.
They're also great on the run if you're in a rush and need to grab something quick on your way out the door.
Very versatile breakfast. Can be eaten alone if you're in a rush, or as a cereal substitute (for those with wheat allergies) with plain yoghurt and some additional fruit or other nut, but best not peanuts..
For the dates, pitted, fresh or dried will do.