1 / 1
1 person made this
About this recipe:
This is my grandma's recipe for apple cake.
2kg tart apples, peeled and sliced
1 lemon, juiced
250g unsalted butter, softened
250g caster sugar
1 tablespoon vanilla sugar or 3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 tablespoon baking powder
350g plain flour
- Preheat oven to 220 C / Gas 7. Lightly grease or line a deep sided 25cm x 20cm baking tin.
- Toss apple slices in lemon juice; set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat butter and sugar until pale and fluffy. Add vanilla sugar, flour and eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each addition. Fold in apple slices.
- Transfer cake mixture into baking tin, ensuring the top is smooth.
- Bake in preheated oven for 30 minutes, or until a skewer inserted into the middle of the cake comes out clean.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate