1 / 1 Picture by: CookinUpAStorm
Sicilian aubergine and rigatoni pasta bake
- 90g aubergine, chopped
- olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 100g passata
- salt and pepper to taste
- 5 to 8 basil leaves
- 320g short pasta, like rigatoni
- 70g grated Pecorino Romano cheese
- 10g flaked almonds
- 1 handful breadcrumbs
Prep:15min › Cook:25min › Ready in:40min
- Preheat the oven to 240 C / Gas 8. Bring water to the boil for the pasta.
- In the meantime, cut the aubergine into little pieces and sauté in a saucepan with the oil, garlic and onion. After a 2 to 3 minutes, add the passata, salt, pepper and basil leaves and let it cook for a few minutes.
- Boil the pasta till al dente, as directed on the packet. Drain and add the aubergine mixture to the pasta and half of the Pecorino cheese.
- Put everything in a greased ovenproof baking dish and sprinkle with the almonds, breadcrumbs and the rest of the Pecorino cheese on top.
- Bake in the preheated oven for about 15 minutes.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate
What did you think? Tell us everything!