1 / 1 Picture by: Philips | Jamie Oliver HomeCooker
- 4 egg yolks
- 4 teaspoons cornflour
- 4 tablespoons caster sugar
- 600ml semi-skimmed milk
- Few drops of pure vanilla extract (optional)
Prep:5min › Cook:15min › Ready in:20min
- Beat egg yolks, cornflour and sugar in a bowl until smooth.
- Make sure the stirrer attachment is in place in the HomeCooker pan; set the temperature to 175°C. Bring the milk to the boil, 5 minutes.
- Slowly pour the milk into the egg mixture, stirring constantly.
- Return the mixture to the pan of the HomeCooker and set the temperature to 110°C for 10 minutes, so that the sauce thickens to a custard consistency. Flavour with a few drops of vanilla extract. Remove from the heat and strain into a storage container.
You can add other flavourings such as rum, brandy, flavoured liqueur or citrus zest.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate
What did you think? Tell us everything!