1 / 1 Picture by: Philips | Jamie Oliver HomeCooker
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 carrot, peeled
- 1 stick celery
- 1/2 onion
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 (700g) jar passata
- 500ml chicken stock
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
- 175g macaroni or other small pasta shape
- 1 (400g) tin cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 50g Parmesan cheese
Prep:7min › Cook:21min › Ready in:28min
- Ensure the stirrer attachment is in place in the pan of the HomeCooker; set the temperature to 175°C for 3 minutes. Place the Cutting Tower alongside the HomeCooker with the large grater in place and switch it on. Pour the olive oil into the pan; run through the carrot, celery and onion (or grate by hand). Cook for 5 minutes, until soft and translucent. Run through the garlic (or chop by hand) and cook for an additional 2 minutes.
- Stir in the passata, chicken stock, salt, pepper, parsley, basil and pasta. Increase the temperature to 250°C and set the timer for 8 minutes, until the pasta is al dente.
- Decrease the temperature to 130°C and add the beans; continue to cook for 5 minutes.
- Sit the Cutting Tower over a large bowl with the small grater in place and switch it on. Run through the Parmesan cheese (or grate by hand), and sprinkle on top of soup.
Try working with different vegetables, pastas and beans to add variety to this quick and easy dish.
You might need to add additional chicken stock when reheating leftovers.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate
What did you think? Tell us everything!