1 / 1 Picture by: Philips | Jamie Oliver HomeCooker
- 2 small courgettes, cut in half lengthways
- 25g Parmesan cheese
- 250g short pasta, such as farfalle, fusilli or penne
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts
- 1 clove garlic, finely minced
- 1 handful of fresh basil leaves
- 80ml olive oil
- splash of lemon juice (optional)
- salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
Prep:4min › Cook:30min › Ready in:34min
- Lay the courgette in the steaming basket. Run the Parmesan cheese through the Cutting Tower with the small grater in place (or grate by hand); set aside.
- Bring 3 litres of salted water to the boil at 250°C for 20 minutes in the pan of the HomeCooker. Place the Pasta Insert into the pan; add the pasta and cook according to package instructions. Place the Steaming Basket on top of the Pasta Insert, cover with the lid and steam the courgette for 6 minutes (so that it’s tender but not water logged). Remove the courgette, allow to cool; continue to cook the pasta until al dente, drain and set aside.
- Combine the pine nuts and garlic in the bowl of a food processor; mince. Add the basil leaves and pulse a few times; add the cooled courgette and pulse. Gradually pour in the olive oil; finish by mixing in the Parmesan cheese, lemon juice, salt and pepper.
- Toss the pesto with the pasta. Serve immediately or place in the fridge for a cold pasta dish.
Top with pine nuts and additional Parmesan cheese.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate
What did you think? Tell us everything!