1 / 1 Picture by: CookinUpAStorm
Champagne risotto with prawns
Serves : 5
- 30g butter
- 1 onion, chopped
- 400g Carnaroli rice
- 1 bottle Champagne (room-temperature)
- 1L hot fish stock
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- 12 fresh prawns, peeled and deveined
- 1 clove of garlic
- white pepper to taste
- 1 bunch fresh parsley
Prep:10min › Cook:20min › Ready in:30min
- In a large frying pan, melt half of the butter, then add the chopped onion. Add rice and let the mixture cook for a couple of minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add about 100ml of Champagne. Allow the rice to absorb the Champagne, then add a ladleful of hot fish stock, and cook till absorbed, stirring frequently. Continue cooking the rice in this fashion, alternating between the Champagne and stock.
- In another frying pan, heat the olive oil, then add garlic.
- Add the prawns, then about 125ml of Champagne. Once prawns are cooked, remove the garlic and take the prawns off the heat.
- When the rice is al dente, add the remaining butter, parsley and white pepper. Serve each portion with the prawns.
Instead of fish stock, make your own delicious stock by simmering the prawn shells in 1 litre of water.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate
What did you think? Tell us everything!