1 / 1
6 people made this
About this recipe:
Great recipes for leftover egg whites, or if you have to eat gluten free. These apricot macaroons are fruity and tasty.
Makes: 50 macaroons
50 gluten-free small wafer papers
3 egg whites
150g icing sugar
zest and juice of 1/2 lemon
200g ground almonds
250g dried apricots, finely diced
- Preheat oven to 150 C / Gas 2 and line a baking tray with baking parchment.
- Arrange the wafer papers on the prepared baking tray.
- Beat the egg whites until stiff then quickly stir in the icing sugar, lemon juice and zest. Carefully fold in almonds and diced apricots.
- Using 2 teaspoons, spoon small heaps of the mixture on the wafer papers.
- Bake for 20 to 30 minutes until golden brown. Remove from the oven and let the macaroons cool down completely. Carefully trim off any visible wafer papers then arrange on a serving plate.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate