Thai Green Prawn Curry
- For the paste
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 1/2 teaspoons of ground coriander
- 2 or 3 green chillies
- 3 teaspoons of minced root ginger
- 4 teaspoons of minced garlic
- 3 lemongrass stalks, finely chopped
- 6 heaped tablespoons of freshly chopped coriander
- zest of 1 lime
- juice of 2 limes
- 2 tablespoons of oil
- Other ingredients
- 4 tablespoons of oil
- 200g green beans or mangetout
- 200g baby corn
- 400ml coconut milk
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 300g cooked or raw tiger prawns (peeled and de-veined)
Prep:20min › Cook:15min › Ready in:35min
- Add all the paste ingredients into a food processor and blend to form a thick smooth paste or chop all the paste ingredients very finely and mix to blend.
- Heat the oil to very hot in a wok and stir fry the beans and baby corn for 40 seconds.
- Add the curry paste and then the coconut milk and bring to the boil.
- Turn down the heat slightly and simmer the curry for 5-7 minutes to reduce the consistency.
- Add the prawns and stir for 3-5 minutes. If the sauce becomes too thick add some water. If it's too thin, reduce for a couple of minutes over a moderate heat.
- Serve immediately over hot fluffy jasmine rice.
Followed this recipe exactly- it was perfect !! thought I was in Thailand again! My dinner guests were very impressed! - 04 Feb 2012
Used different ingredients. I also added 2 large spring onion chopped and few chopped shitake mushrooms and 1/2 glass white wine! Tasted great! - 05 Aug 2010
Used different ingredients. Instead of 200g of baby corn and green beans, I used 100g of each, and then 100g of bamboo shoots. I also didn't chop up the lemongrass, instead adding two whole stalks when I put the coconut milk into the recipe. I then removed the stalks at the end of cooking. - 11 May 2010