9 people made this
About this recipe:
An easy recipe for a classic sponge base. This recipe makes two 18cm sponge cakes. Fill with whipped cream and strawberry jam, and sieve icing sugar on the top.
110g (4 oz) caster sugar
70g (2 1/2 oz) self raising flour
30g (1 oz) cornflour
60g (2 oz) melted margarine
- Preheat oven to 185 C / Gas 4 1/2.
- Whisk eggs and sugar until light.
- Fold in sieved flour and cornflour, melt the margarine and add to the mixture.
- Line two 18cm (7 in) sponge tins with parchment and divide mixture between the tins.
- Bake for 18 to 20 minutes, until a skewer inserted in the centre comes out clean.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate